Pre-Earn Race Karma!
Earn “race karma”. Take the first step by finding the next UltraMedical TrainingSM opportunity. Then join our UltraMedical TeamSM roster so that race directors can find you!
The benefits for you include:
- Training and race tips.
- Race Director provided medical malpractice insurance coverage.
- Any necessary supplies, including medications and equipment.
- The opportunity to attend many high level and prestigious events with elite and non-elite athletes.
- Complimentary entry to many races and some high profile races will let you bypass their lottery system as a volunteer.
- The opportunity to make a real difference for participants.
- Meet the ‘trail work’ volunteering requirements at most races.
- Occasional rewards, such as swag bags, gas cards, gift cards, etc.
UltraMedical TeamSM trained volunteers are typically licensed or student firefighters, EMRs, EMTs, paramedics, massage therapists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, nurses, physicians, podiatrists, or chiropractors, but we welcome anyone with a desire and skills to help runners reach their goals.
Some races require three to four UltraMedical TrainedSM volunteers, while others may require as many as 25 or 30. Medical volunteers work alongside aid station and finish line volunteers to provide medical checkup and first-aid treatment that may be needed at designated points on the course.
Sometimes you will be mobile and have roving teams or teams that will hike into remote medical stations. Each race is different, and the composition of the teams will vary depending on each event and team member capability.
We have developed the first endurance sport medical training curriculum to prepare professional and dedicated volunteers for providing the best care possible. As a trained medical provider, you will have access to the training, evidence-based care guidelines, research opportunities, and relationships with some of the top minds in the highly specialized ultra-medical field.
Applying for the UltraMedical TeamSM roster is a two-step process. Please submit your APPLICATION here.
After you submit your application, we’ll review it. We’ll contact you if we have any questions. Once you’ve completed the UltraMedical TrainingSM we’ll connect you with race directors.